My blogging goals for this year are pretty simple.
- Be more consistent. Right now, there are weeks when I blog every day and there are weeks that I skip entirely. This year, I want to blog three times per week: Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Of course, that may have to change when I find a job and have to adapt my writing schedule around my work schedule.
- Narrow the focus of my blog. Right now, it bounces around from Humor to Nostalgia to Divorce to Writing to rants on fanfiction. I need to decide just exactly what kind of blog I want to write, and stick with that.
- Participate more. There are some great bloggers out there, but I’ve missed out on a lot of them because I get so caught up in my own world. I need to seek out other writers, comment on their blogs, and learn from them.
- Learn. I have so much to learn about becoming a better blogger and about reaching a bigger audience.
- Have fun. Right now, I have over seven hundred followers. That’s seven hundred people who want to read what I have to say. That’s not great compared to some bloggers, but I think it’s pretty awesome for me. What a tremendous opportunity to reach out and make people laugh or cry or just go “huh”!
And so, to all of my fellow bloggers out there, I wish you a Happy New Year and Happy Blogging! What are some of your goals for 2014?